Saturday 22 January 2022

Back to the "S'esses" Soldier King and Spencer Smiths...

Resisting the urge to collapse in a heap this weekend after a hard week at work, I forced myself to shake off the lethargy and do something. This was aided by some unexpected, unforcasted but very welcome winter sunshine (which always makes me feel better and more enthused).

Uncle Brian of the excellent Fistful of Plastic blog http://afistfullofplastic.blogspot. which I've followed for a long while now, posted some very encouraging comments about my SK pages, as he's a big VnB fan and is looking to produce C18th Imagi-Nation armies (he has form with his imaginary C20th middle east armies), which came as a welcome surprise. It's nice to know others share the vision of the project.

I ventured into the garden and set up the improvised spray station (a grand name for some cardboard and paper on top of an old plastic box against the dilapidated shed!)

Below you can see the results. The previously cleaned up armies of Cleve, Naevaron, Bern and Cotlas that make up the Reichs Imperial army along with an extra Imperial Estavian field gun with crew and the last batch of Fimo / Sculpy generals / personalities.


They always seem to need a going over with black acrylics in the nooks and crannies.

I note there has not been any comments in the last few posts, but a lot of people report being unable to leave comments in blogs, so it may be that rather than my posts becoming too dull!

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see Real Life has not dampened your hobby spirit. A quiet painting session after a busy day is a perfect way to unwind.

    Commenting still works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jonathan.
    I find activity is the best way to ward off "the black dog".
    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you Neil, keep plugging away, I look forward to seeing some more of your nicely-painted troops.
    Interesting to see 'Fistful of Plastic' too, echoing your Soldier King / Volley and Bayonet setup. It's a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks David. Just posted on yours about that blog as well as others of interest.
    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the kind words about having some form with projects - in truth I tend to just meander from one thing to another:)

    I am looking forward to seeing these follows painted as I was very impressed with the Arcadian and Argozian Armies.

    ReplyDelete

New (old) *secret* project...

To elaborate on the somewhat confusing title......I have been busy with a *new* project; that is an *old* project but with a new twist.........