Wednesday 7 April 2021

Fun with Flags!

With apologies to Sheldon Cooper of the Big Bang Theory......

It is how my wife refers to my Imagi-Nation vexillological sessions.....

In this case it is Arcadia, the last of the Soldier King nations from the game; I have added others from the non-owned provinces in the game. I have a soft spot for Arcadia, probably deriving from playing them in the game.

I envisaged them as a sort of Prussian - Wurtembourg - Danish hybrid. The heraldic symbol is a black lion on gold / yellow. From the start I had clear ideas about them in my head. Maximum guard heavy cavalry and veteran foot clothed in yellow (from Neil Cogswell - "Oheim's supreme moment" the Wurtemburgers were clothed in yellow for a brief impractical period - 1752 - I checked - it's in Knotel if nowhere else).

The flags were harder; I had the idea of black and white to stop them being too gaudy and sketched something from IIRC Dutch flags around the central emblem.

Top row shows the Naval and Foreign regiments, Dragoons. Next 3 rows are line regiments with Guard infantry and cavalry towards the bottom with the second Dragoon unit.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Flats (flat out?) progress

Update and photo dump on progress with the French Renaissance army composed of Zinnfiguren flats. Some more Gascon "Adventureur" c...