Friday 14 October 2022

The Emperor's New Clothes

While I should perhaps have started with the Spencer Smith staff figures, I followed my inclinations and instead made a start on the personalities.

Here are the Emperor Augustus of the Zweikreis Reich and Crimson Throne and his son and heir (as well as commander in chief of the Estavian army) Prinz Charles Xavier on his horse Ajax and accompanied by his dog, Achilles.


Augustus and Charles Xavier (as well as Achilles) are my own Fimo / Sculpy creations mounted on a GW and plastic toy horse respectively.

I had created the piratical one eyed eyepatch wearing general from one of my doodles / sketches and had another figure in mind for the Prinz. However when creating his character it threw up "scar" twice and it seemed to fit my eyepatch wearer better.

The name was a nod to Austrian and Saxon commanders (rather than X-men) and the dog and horse were a sudden inspiration.

Should the Emperor die, I can see a potential objection to the election of a "maimed" prince and so providing a Causus Belli for a war of the Estavian Succession , assuming said prince doesn't become a casualty first!

2 comments:

  1. Nice job on the figures. I’ve never even attempted to sculpt anything so I’m impressed. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stew. It's worth having a go; skills improve with practice.
    It's easier working on a "dolly"; a stick figure to which you add details using Milliput or Green Stuff or Procreate type putty.
    These were "one offs" using Fimo / Sculpy which needs a different technique. It's difficult to get the same level of detail, although Tony Barton achieves amazing results with Fimo!
    Neil

    ReplyDelete

Flats (flat out?) progress

Update and photo dump on progress with the French Renaissance army composed of Zinnfiguren flats. Some more Gascon "Adventureur" c...