Monday 24 July 2023

IDF Mechanised Infantry

Abandoning corrective action on the lead rot, I turned instead to my 1:87 Arab-Israeli project turning to M3 half-tracks and IDF Mechanised Infantry. 

In 1967, the IDF had 5x armoured brigades (with 1 mechanised battalion each) and 4x Mechanised brigades (with 2 mechanised battalions each) giving a total of 13 battalions. In Megablitz terms 13 models and 26 infantry (apart from any crew figures).

I had already built 7 M3s and 6 infantry, adding another M3 recently. So while listening to Israeli folk music (!) I added another 3 xM3 and 20 infantry. Progress was marred by realising the rear folding shelves had been glued too far down. I did consider leaving them, but knew it would bug me so I had to alter them! The infantry head swaps were hard work, the metal of the figures being particularly hard, even when drilling with a mini-drill. Fortunately, Jerusalem of Gold, Rachel and some other songs got me through it!






https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=22b0UjPiNNY




2 comments:

  1. You should definitely fix something that was just gonna irk ya every time you saw it. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stew, I have tried to ignore stuff in the past. If painted and varnished, I'd probably live with it.......I'm not that insane as to strip completed miniatures! If I'm part way through, that's a different story.....
    Neil

    ReplyDelete

Fornovocating

Over at Jonathan's blog https://palousewargamingjournal.blogspot.com/ he has been playing remote games of Fornovo, based on the new scen...