Sunday 16 July 2023

Keeping busy - slow progress

In an effort to combat the listlessness and lack of motivation, I started with a relatively simple task.....

Some nicely painted figures acquired from eBay (I don't normally buy painted figures) had suffered some bent muskets and consequent paint flaking as well as some loss of paint where they had been "rubbed"; it seems the painter had not bothered with either primer nor varnish!

The figures were simply touched up where paint was missing.


Some French Canadian militia (or Habitants) for the French and Indian War. The red "tunque" identifies them as from Quebec.

Today saw me revisit my Arab-Israeli project, inspired by Joao's wonderful blog and comments about IDF M3 halftracks, I remembered three were awaiting conversion in the project box.

http://jpwargamingplace.blogspot.com/2023/07/rfrable-archer-israeli-army-for-lebanon.html

Digging them out resulted in more work on the M-50 Shermans as they were in the same box and when looking through the project box I found a piece from an M-40 spg which I realised would convert to the gun travel lock missing from the models....an oversight which has bugged me since I realised I had not added them earlier.



All in all, a satisfying day of modelling.

6 comments:

  1. Not as productive as you Jonathan! ☺
    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have certainly made each tank very unique with all the additional equipment, and the figures look good all tidied up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peter, the IDF have a definite "Gypsy Caravan" look to their vehicles. Some stowage on the Shermans was of an almost standardised nature, but the crews opted for a very individual approach for personal gear.....

      Delete
  3. Dude, I only buy painted figures when buying second hand. That’s the best part of them! Glad you’re keeping busy in the hobby front. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stew,
    Generally most painted figures are either poor or don't fit with my style for existing armies OR are of a higher standard or different style I cannot match!
    Of course on the table it doesn't matter.......
    I remember a SYW game many years ago. The Austrians had a mix of figures from myself and a friend. I had crude block colour Spencer Smiths and Hinchliffe painted with washes. My friend had Hinchliffe sprayed white with some parts blocked in (hats, muskets, flesh).
    Standing back from the table, your eye was drawn first to the spray painted figures, then the block colour plastics and then you had to look to see the carefully painted figures which had blended into the scenery rather than standing out....
    Neil

    ReplyDelete

Fornovocating

Over at Jonathan's blog https://palousewargamingjournal.blogspot.com/ he has been playing remote games of Fornovo, based on the new scen...