Due to work and the heatwave in the UK, progress has been slow. Attempts at painting being hampered by the paint drying on the brush....
I did manage to finish off the barbarian camps that had been prepped....
In addition to the simple palisade, a simple ditch and bank.....
Then a wagon laager...
While I had some base mixture left over, some Gallic auxiliary cavalry were finished off.
My attempts to make progress on the Imagi-Nation Interwar Balkans was frustrated by the hot weather. Some highlights and touch-ups were made.
Ruritanians
Graustarkians
Transbalkanians
Hopefully, with cooler weather forecast, more progress can be made with painting in the coming weeks.
Despite your heat wave, looks like good progress to me.
ReplyDeleteThanks Jonathan. Little and often. The advantage of the hot weather was drying the basing slop and Contrast Paint and washes.
DeleteNeil
The camps look great. I find I can only paint late afternoon at the moment due to the heat
ReplyDeleteThanks Neil. I'm the opposite as my room gets the sun in the afternoon / evening. Even some mornings have been too hot with stored heat.
DeleteNeil
A lovely mixture of fine looking terrain pieces and figures. The wagon lager looks fantastic, as do the Gauls and your imaginations version of those fine Strelets figures in winter uniforms are coming along beautifully.
ReplyDeleteBest wishes, James
Thanks James. I'm quite pleased with how the wagon lager turned out for the time spent on it; I think assembly took longer than the rest! Contrast Paint, AP ink washes and some acrylic drybrushing.
DeleteNeil
Terrific progress made in a time of tremendously sapping temperatures. Well done!
ReplyDeleteAlan Tradgardland
Thanks Alan. The heat has been especially difficult in the last week!
DeleteNeil
I do like the camp bases, nice variety.
ReplyDeleteThanks Peter. I do have some "home made" camps from the early days of DBA but fancied some commercial variations. I have some Baueda Roman camps in the "to do" pile.
DeleteNeil
Thanks Donnie. Two weekends and some windows through the week when the heat allowed.
ReplyDeleteNeil
Certainly looked an impressive body of work, especially in hot weather. Having lots of projects occasionally useful. The figure/terrain/play aid mix helps too. Great work, love the palisade fort.
ReplyDeleteThanks. It's cooled off but still too hot for painting!
DeleteNeil
The camps look really good, nice job. I particularly like the enclosed on one two bases as it makes it more flexible. An idea I shall borrow.
ReplyDeleteThanks Martin. I did this for some of my scratchbuilt camps - it allows for a camp away from the base edge or two separate camps.
DeleteNeil