The lack of blog posts is mainly due to getting on with the Caesar in Gaul project. Sadly, as one of the areas in the UK experiencing torrential downpours after excessive heat, painting for today had ground to a halt - it's just too dark to paint. So I have taken the opportunity to get on with other tasks including a blog update.
The painting in question are some Early Germans by Donnington. They were primed in grey and have been getting left over Contrast Paint splashed on them while painting Celts. It meant it was a quick job to get them blocked in with basic colours, aiming for muted natural shades. They have had a highlight of main colours and flesh; a few will get green shields to tie them in an break up the number of black shields.
I have painted my way through the remaining Celts - they are mostly awaiting varnish and basing.
There are various command stands, including mounted and dismounted versions of Vercingetorix, baggage, camp followers, more LC and Chariots and some Druids.
There are a few awaiting basing material.
In the to-do pile are more Germans, Roman baggage and Tribunes - I decided to add a stand to the 10x Legions, animals and more scenery.
There are a host awaiting varnish in addition so I have plenty to be getting on with.
No comments:
Post a Comment