Wednesday 19 August 2020

An update

Getting to grips with blogging using the new format.

Posted some pictures of a couple of projects, Soldier King Imagi-Nations using 30mm plastic Spencer Smiths (no photos yet) based on Games Design Workshop (sadly missed) or GDW's "Soldier King" boardgame of fictional C18th kingdoms on a fictional map. At present I've posted some photos of the Fimo / Sculpy personalities who make up the rulers and general's, mounted on toy horses. Since this "work in progress" they have received a black undercoat prior to painting.

I've also posted some pictures of my Arab-Israeli 1967 project, so far Israeli vehicles. I started this long before Battlefront came out with their 15mm "Fate of a Nation" stuff using bits from my large collection of Roco Minitanks and other HO/1:87th scale models. I intend using "20mm" figures with the 1:87 vehicles (heresy for some I know) aimed at replicating the whole armies of all the participants for Megablitz (1 stand = 1 battalion).

The IDF of course seem to have used few vehicles without alteration; even those that are unaltered, such as M48A2 and AMX-13 need the basic models improved. Most pictured models still need some details added. In the course of this I have become an "expert" on IDF armour as well as OoBs and ToEs for 1967, acquiring a large library of increasingly exotic subjects....

I'm hoping the Arab armies prove less of a challenge tending to use Soviet equipment as it comes. Of course I'm looking at ways to scratchbuild the external fuel tanks on Jordan's M48A1s and M52 SPGs.....at least their army is small!

Some Soldier King maps:

First from https://lohwand.blogspot.com/2013/04/e-is-for-estavia.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

Flats (flat out?) progress

Update and photo dump on progress with the French Renaissance army composed of Zinnfiguren flats. Some more Gascon "Adventureur" c...