Saturday 1 May 2021

May Day

I spent May Day appropriately painting some 15mm Peter Pig SCW Republican militia.....

I found some undercoated figures that had been languishing in a box for probably close to 20 years......yikes!

It's been a long time since I painted 15mm. If memory serves, I used to alternate between SCW and ancients in 15mm with the 30mm Spencer Smiths (which required radically different painting techniques).

The militia had a mix of unpainted and painted figures, so it was a challenge  to match what were very well painted miniatures with 3 shade layers on black undercoat......

It didn't help that I couldn't find the Humbrol acrylics I'd used for some colours...

We'll see how they turnout......

1 comment:

Flats (flat out?) progress

Update and photo dump on progress with the French Renaissance army composed of Zinnfiguren flats. Some more Gascon "Adventureur" c...